Disclaimer: The information contained herein has been obtained
from sources, which we believe reliable and accurate.
If there is any inaccuracies are found, it would be greatly
appreciated if it is informed to the
webteam as soon as possible.
Obituary Notice of Mr. Alvapillai Rajasingam
We regret to inform that Hartleyite Mr. Alvapillai Rajasingam, Retired Vice Principal of Jaffna College Vaddukoddai, passed away peacefully at his home in Nallur, Jaffna on August 14, 2016.
Mr. Alvapillai Rajasingam was an old boy of Hartley College and later taught at Hartley College from 1948 to 1952.
- Eldest son of Late Mr and Mrs G. M. Alvappillai of Puloly;
- Beloved husband of late Mahilarupiam;
- Brother of Rajamalar Rajaratnam (Hartleyite), Mrs. Inpamani Selvarajah (Hartleyite and later taught at Hartley College), Mrs. Inparanee Ratnam (formerly at MGHS Point Pedro) and Arulanantham (Hartleyite);
- Father of Nirmala Rajasingham, Late Dr. Mrs. Rajani Thiranagama, Dr. Mrs. Sumathy Sivamohan and Mrs. Vasuki Rajasingham; and
- Maternal uncle of Mr. Suthaharan Selvarajah (Hartleyite) and Dr. Nirmalan Ratnam (Hartleyite).
Funeral took place on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 3 pm at 474 Navalar Road, Nallur, Jaffna.
- Arulanantham Alvapillai: +61 3 9440 7488 (Melbourne)
- Suthaharan Selvarajah: 0429 131 481 (Cell / Melbourne)
- Nirmalan Ratnam: 0447 617 515 (Cell / Leeton)
- Sivamohan and Mrs. Vasuki: +94212228178 (Cell / Jaffna)
Information provided by:
Mr. V. Eeswaranathan, Mr. R. Rajezwaran, and Mr. Navaratnam Illaventhan